I am a qualified ICF accredited coach and member of the International Coaching Foundation. I have extensive experience in corporate positions and working with startups. I am currently also a business advisor with Virgin Startup.
Having seen the benefits of coaching in my own life I help clients to create the life that they want to live. My clients are usually intelligent, driven high achievers who are feeling dissatisfied and disconnected. Through coaching we identify what changes they would like to make and take action to create the life that they are seeking. I also offer business mentoring, and currently work as a Business Advisor with Virgin Startup.
Background - 12 years Corporate/ startup
My business experience comes from several years working in well paid, fast paced roles in the corporate world, as well as within social enterprise and startup incubators. I used these roles to fund my passion for travel, making it to over 75 countries in a decade. Along the way I gained an MBA from one of the world’s top business schools, and great friends all over the world.
My life seemed great. But something was missing, I didn’t quite know what, but I knew there had to be.. I lived a fast and active life, partly to drown out that little voice inside.
I reached a point where the status quo no longer worked for me. I found it hard to motivate myself to go to work on Monday mornings, I was increasingly stressed and unhappy, and my relationships started to feel distant and unfulfilling.
I went in search of a change. The journey inward was tough at times, but I had great coaches and therapists who gave me tools and provided me with a safe space where I could let down my guard, explore myself and make proactive decisions about my life.
Analytically, I understood myself well. But coaching and therapy helped me to feel again and to see that I had actually been living in my head, disconnected from my body and emotions.
Reconnecting with myself created change in me on many dimensions including:
Disconnected, on autopilot, stressed, reactive, seeking external validation
Connected, able to access and process emotions, calm, proactive, inner confidence
Holding back, fear of being hurt, blaming others, attacking, pleasing
Honest, open, vulnerable, owning my emotions, communicating my needs
Ticking boxes, doing the "expected" thing, & putting career before all else
Following my passion and skills, taking risks, & good work/life balance
Tools i use
I can help you to achieve changes like this in your life. My own journey has given me great belief in coaching and it gives me immense satisfaction to support others in their journey. Coaching sessions with me are always tailored to your needs, I draw on a variety of resources including:
- Coaching and Therapy: I am a qualified coach and also have training in therapy. I use tools and techniques that are right for you such as Gestalt Therapy, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Mindfulness
- Intuition: My strong intuition and emotional intelligence help me to ask the right questions to support you to have powerful insights
- Structuring: My management consulting experience developed my structuring skills. I use this to help you to make sense of your thoughts and define what actions to take
- My own experience: I know how hard it is to explore yourself with honesty and I bring that sensitivity and understanding when working with you
- Associate Certified Coach, International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Diploma in Personal Transformation Coaching, Animas Institute (ICF Accredited)
- CPD in Group Coaching, Animas Institute (ICF Accredited)
- Member of the Association for Coaching and International Coaching Federation (ICF)
- Compassion Focussed Therapy, Compassionate Mind Foundation
- Meditation, Mindfulness and Gestalt based Therapy Skills, Learning Love Institute
- Certificate in Life Coaching, The Coaching Academy
- MBA, INSEAD
- BSc Mathematics, Warwick University
- Several hundred hours of 1-1 coaching, recent graduates to senior executives
- Business Advisor, Virgin Startup
- Approved Advisor, Government's Enterprise Nation Scheme for Small Business
- Group workshops to corporates and special interest groups
- Employability workshops to inner city colleges
- Non-Executive Director, Rivers Coaching
- Mentor to newly qualified teachers, Teach First Programme
- Mentor to college students, Tower Hamlets Partnership
- Barclays Bank and BNP Paribas Fortis, Investment Banking, 5 years
- Deloitte, Strategy Consulting, 2 years
- Expedia, Online Marketing, 2 years
- Social Impact:
- Spandana Finance, India's 2nd largest Microfinance Company, India
- ClearlySo & UnLtd India, Social Enterprise Incubators, UK & India
- HiPact, Education NGO, Nigeria
- Lived, worked and studied in three continents
- Travelled to 75 countries in the past decade